Viewnior is a fast and simple image viewer for GNU/Linux.
Created to be simple and elegant. It’s minimalistic interface provides more screen space for your images. Among its features are:
- Fullscreen & Slideshow
- Rotate, flip, crop, save, delete images
- Animation support
- Browse only selected images
- Navigation window
- Set image as wallpaper (Auto-detected DE, Gnome 3, Gnome 2, XFCE, MATE, Cinnamon, LXDE, FluxBox, Nitrogen, Puppylinux)
- EXIF and IPTC metadata
- Simple interface
- Configurable mouse actions
Viewnior was inspired by big projects like Eye of Gnome, because of it’s usability and richness, and by GPicView, because of it’s lightweight design and minimal interface. So here comes Viewnior – small and light, with no compromise with the quality of it’s functions. The program is made with better integration in mind (follows Gnome HIG2)
Viewnior is written in C (GTK+) and uses modified version of the GtkImageView library by Bjourn Lindqvist. Without it, image viewing wouldn’t be such a pleasure. :)
Viewnior is licensed under the terms of the GPLv3.
I would like Viewnior to:
- Migrate to GTK+3
- Automatically update current list of images when the folder contents change
- Drag images out of Viewnior
Contact me If you want to help, I might already be working on some of these features. For more information, browse the git repo.